Friday 4 December 2020

My experience on Online Teaching during COVID -19 Pandemic

 My experience on Online Teaching


Since the COVID -19 pandemic  disrupted the normal lifestyle of people across the globe, the virtual world came to the rescue. Online education emerged as an alternative to ordinary face to face classes.

When we began in March 2020, Our Cambridge team spent most of that time trying out different online tools, mostly video communication technology such as Zoom, G meet and Teams. While teaching Mathematics online, I tried to use various tools: interactive board like Easy chalk, Miro , Classflow etc, screen share to present course materials . I attended various Webinars , training and discussion to brush up my skills under the guidance of my supervisory head. My use of online tools gave the students opportunities to reflect on what was efficient and what should be considered by observing my different ways of teaching online. I also tried to make class activities more hands-on by using simulators, online interactive worksheets and AR applications. The activity which I enjoyed the most was to show my students  faces, edges and vertices of a triangle based pyramid and triangular prism using AR app Arloopa in three dimensional view. Students very well understood the difference in both the shapes and attempted worksheet based on 3D shapes really confidently.







No comments:

Post a Comment